tisdag 28 juli 2015

Exhale ~ Dusty Att

Hi everybody! It's summer, so I thought I'd share a layout with a summer photo. I took this a few years ago, it's of my daughter in the lake at our family summer house. This photo went so well with this months inspiration board. In case you haven't seen it, here it is:


Such an amazing photo to be inspired by, and the colors are fantastic! Don't forget to play along, just upload your project on the Dusty Attic blog :)

Here's my page:


The Monarch Butterflies (DA0819) are amazing, just as they are, but I decided to make them stand out even more, and be the main embellishment on my layout. 

To make them 3-dimensional you have to soak them in water and divide the wings. If you are careful you can make three or more layers. I made three with these two. When dried, I painted them with white gesso and then with three colors of Dusty in Colour: Capri, Pesto and Gingernut. I finished them off with Clear Gloss Varnish.

Close-ups:





I also used the title Exhale (From Word pack #10, DA1266), just painted white.

Tucked into the flowers I put Foliage #5 (DA1295), painted with Dusty in Colour Hot Chocolate and Clear Gloss Varnish.


Thanks for stopping by today!

xoxo
Helena



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar